7 de noviembre de 2011

My Strange Stories XIV

July 12th, 2011

“It is said that there was, in a time when people still believed in magic, a gypsy family…” that was the beginning of the story my grandmother used to tell me almost all nights. It was a horror story but a love story too. I always loved it and when I was a child I truly believed in it. I was so afraid because of that story… now I want to tell it you. Maybe you can understand my feelings; maybe you will end up more horrified than me. I don’t know, it all depends on you, but if I were you, I would pay attention to the story:

It is said that there was, in a time when people still believed in Magic, a gypsy family formed by the father, the mother, two big sons and one little daughter called Leyra. They were a close family. The father, Milos, was a respected member of the Khoven. Although he wasn’t the appropriate age to belong to the Elder Council he was faithfully listened and taken into account when the Khoven needed to make an important decision. The mother, Alhura was respected as well for being a hardworking woman who taught to the youngest girls the secrets and remedies of plants. The sons, Tiago and Adiemus were handsome and hardworking men too. They were expert fishermen and when the Khoven was in trouble with another Caravan they became stronger warriors. For all these reasons, besides their little daughter Leyra received the most honorable gift: being the apprentice of Mother Pythoness; Milos and Alhura were proud parents.

As I said before, Leyra received the honorable gift of being the apprentice of the Mother Pythoness, the Leader of the Khoven, and it all was fine until Leyra challenged her destiny as a gypsy woman. One day, in their constant trip, Khoven arrived to a forest Clair which was near the town. Mother pythoness warned Khoven not to get involved with people near town because in that time Gypsy People were accused of witchcraft and were stupidly burned; and everybody obeyed, except one.

One day Leyra went for a walk not near town but far of her Caravan when she met a hunter young man named Christopher. –I forgot telling Leyra was extremely beautiful –She caught instantly the attention of man. Also, he was handsome, and as you can imagine, they fell deeply inlove one for each other. They used to meet all nights or afternoons in the same place. They did it per three months, three magical and perfect months. But Mother Pythoness was a wise woman and she discovered something was happening with her apprentice. Also, Grand Spirits told her their future messenger and servant was losing terribly the way and it was something a gypsy could never do because no one can escape from his destiny, even a future Pythoness.

Knowing something horrible would happen, Mother Pythoness ordered Khoven to pack and continue with their endless trip. And that was the beginning of the end. Leyra packed immediately her possessions and ran away to the forest to meet Christopher and escape together. But her brothers Tiago and Adiemus, noticing Leyra was missing, went behind her with Mother Pythoness.

On the way Tiago, who loved so much his little sister, was wondering with Adiemus what could have been happening with Leyra. Adiemus said she had never acted like this before and Mother Pythoness answered silently, on her mind, it all was predicted by Grand Spirits. She well knew how it will end up… Leyra will have in her hand the mark of tragedy… she had already seen it.

For destiny’s cause Tiago, Adiemus and Mother Pythoness continued looking for Leyra and found her on Christopher’s arms, so, guided by a huge and crazy wrath with the man had stolen his little sister, Tiago threw over Christopher and attacked him. Leyra shouted as high as she could, “Tiago, stop! Please stop!!” and Adiemus separated Tiago from Christopher in consideration to his desperate and horrified sister.

There was a long space of silence on which Tiago and Adiemus tried vainly to convince their sister to return to the Khoven but she didn’t accept. She loved Christopher too much to be far away from him and he will not be well received on the Khoven.
Meanwhile the brothers discussed with their sister, Mother Pythoness thought what may have happened if Tiago would have gone alone… “Human blood might have been spilled.”, thought sadly.
– Leyra –said Mother Pythoness refraining the impulsive wishes of Christopher to intervene the familiar discussion and take Leyra away with him. –, my dear apprentice, life and Grand Spirits have taught me we can’t run away from our destiny –affirmed with a calmed severity –return to us and your actions will be forgiven
– I can’t! –Exclaimed Leyra –I love him too much.
– You can’t love a man, Leyra! You were born to love the entire world, to love Grand Spirits and to serve them. That’s your mission!
–You should say that was my mission because I’ve realized I will not be good for Spirits anymore –exclaimed Leyra causing a feeling of horror and worry on her brothers, her mistress and, even, on Christopher. Leyra didn’t see the strange light that was taking form around her while she was talking and didn’t see the silhouettes approaching her. But Mother Pythoness did… –Because I love this man more than I would ever love Grand Spirits! –ended Leyra and in the right moment she pronounced the last word, the light and the silhouettes hovered on her and she disappeared…

About Christopher, it is said that Tiago tried to kill him but Mother Pythoness, still weeping tears, stopped him with Adiemus help. She said to Christopher his punishment will be to carry with the guilt of killing the woman he loved. But if you want to know about Leyra I can’t tell you anything, because nobody knew something more about her…


I remember my grandmother used to say, “Pay attention to the story, Yhunna.” And horrified as I was I began to think what could have happened to Leyra and Christopher because I thought if Leyra had escaped, she could have been happy, but, sadly, that was not the end of the story… “She could have become a spirit. No. She would have made contact with his forbidden love.”, “she may have gone to fulfill the mission she always had.” And so many other possibilities, until my grandmother ended saying, “You know what happened, dear, and why it happened. Leyra must have died because of her actions. She should have never…” And, then, I used to complete her words: “She should have never dared her destiny and the Grand Spirits.” And my grandmother smiled and said to me, “Remember it; remember it.”

I said to you, at the beginning, that I always loved the story. Well, the truth is that I always loved the short details of the incredible love between Leyra and Christopher, and the magical predictions the Mother Pythoness could do. But now I am really scarred because I dreamt with my loved dead grandmother. In my dream she said to me again, “You can’t run away from your destiny, Yhunna.” And when I woke up, in my right hand there was a strange spiral mark…

I just can think in my boyfriend and how much I love him, and in the last glance my grandmother gave me on the dream…
“You can’t run away from your destiny, Yhunna. You can’t.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario