6 de noviembre de 2011

My Strange Stories XIII

February 25th, 2011

“Me myself and I”


People say being an actor or actress is a piece of cake! They believe you just have to memorize some lines and fake a personality. But is that really easy? I don’t think so.

When I began to take Acting Classes I was in 8th grade. I’ve been learning and practicing Acting for three years. That’s incredible, isn’t it? That I had borne it for so much time, that I hadn’t given up. I can assure you something: it has not been easy at all!

The reason why I started to take Acting Classes is that I was so numb and needed to flip the record, to make a change in my life. I always admired the Grecians –they instituted the Drama, but you know that, don’t you? –, the skill they had to represent, to play an acting work; the passion they had. So I beat myself up about it and decided to enter in an academy. I thought I could find “me myself and I” taking acting classes. Such a strange and illogical decision! Off course I found myself while acting but I found “me Juliet Capulet”, “me Eleanor”, “me Elizabeth Bennett”, “me Ofelia”… too. Is funny, isn’t it? I thought I could find myself and I found like ten “me” more… but I really love Theater.

At the beginning I said to myself “I made the wrong decision” but I realized all my life –actually, the years of my adolescence: when we all ask ourselves a thousand questions –I had been looking for something, and when I played Juliet, for example, I felt that empty hollow I had in my brain or my chest got suddenly full or heal a little. So I carried on acting, and it has been one of the wisest decisions I’ve made in my life.

I’m still looking for something but I really think I’m nearer. I will receive a call, an opportunity. And when it arrives I will pick the phone up and take it without having second thoughts. Meanwhile, I’ll be Juliet Capulet…

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario